Found Animals is very proud to support and endorse the newest California specialty license plate, the Pet Lover’s Plate! This incredibly worthwhile program will raise money to support much needed low cost spay/neuter services throughout our state, and gives drivers a fun way to show their support for pets. 7,500 pre-orders must be placed before the DMV will put the plate into production and we are now over 1/3 of the way to that goal.
To help push the plate across the finish line and get it on the road, Found Animals is sponsoring a new promotion. It’s a fun and easy way for California shelters and animal non-profits to earn cash donations while helping ensure success for the plate and more funding for spay & neuter. The sign up deadline is March 31st, so be sure that your favorite group gets their application in today!
Please help us ensure that this fantastic program gets off the ground by participating in this great promotion and encouraging other animal related groups to do the same! The process is easy and fun, and the License Plate Fund will provide all the materials you need. Click here for more information on the Pet Lover’s Plate or send us an e-mail.
How can my organization earn $$$ by helping promote the plate?
- The License Plate Fund is asking shelters and animal non-profits to help promote the Pet Lover’s Plate by displaying brochures, hanging banners and featuring the plate in publications and inserts. All materials will be provided free of charge, and the Fund will work with each organization to ensure they receive credit for past and future pre-orders placed.
- When the 7,500 pre-orders goal is achieved, the organization with the most plate orders to its credit will receive a $7,500 donation courtesy of Found Animals. 2nd place will receive $5,000 and 3rd place will receive $2,500.
- To participate, your group MUST COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AND BE APPROVED. You can find the application online or by looking on the left side of the Pet Lover’s Plate homepage. Applications are due by March 31st and approved organizations will be notified by April 15th.
- A second promotion enters each new plate buyer into a drawing. For every 100 new orders received after March 1st, 2011 one person will be selected to have a $300 donation made in their name to the shelter or animal non-profit of their choice. So, if lots of your supporters buy the plate, you have another way to earn!
What is the CA Pet Lover’s License Plate?
- The California Pet Lover’s License plate, sponsored by the California Veterinary Medical Board, is a new specialty license plate. Proceeds from the plate will provide funding for free or low-cost spay & neuter surgeries across California, while the visibility of the plate itself will help to raise awareness about the importance of spaying and neutering.
- California state law requires the sale of 7,500 pre-orders before the plate goes into production and the program becomes official. To date, just over 2,700 pre-orders have been received so about 5,000 more are needed.
- Once 7,500 orders are received, money from each plate sold and from renewals will go to the California Spay and Neuter License Plate Fund to support Spay & Neuter statewide. The Fund will distribute money via a grant application process to cities and counties to support free and low cost spay and neuter programs through clinics, shelters and vouchers redeemable at local veterinarians.
- This is a fantastic opportunity to generate much needed funding for Spay & Neuter in our state every year! Some of the most successful CA specialty plates generate $2 to 4 Million in annual funding for their causes.