National Walk Your Dog Week kicks off TODAY and we have a special video to share from our Adopt & Shop trainer extraordinaire Chelsea! A daily walk or two is one of the most important things you can do for your dog. Why?
- A tired dog is less likely to indulge in destructive (but normal) behaviors like chewing, digging and barking.
- Wanderlust is in your dog’s DNA and the desire to move, sniff, explore and mark is all part of natural pack behavior.
- Walking reinforces a dog’s sense of well-being, which helps fulfill their emotional needs and keeps them happy.
- Walking builds confidence and improves socialization which helps your dog be the best dog he can be.
There are a few tips and tricks that can make your walks much more enjoyable. In this video, Chelsea goes over her favorite harnesses and collars for dogs that pull, as well as what type of collar is best suited for what type of walker. Take a look!
This week (through October 8th) we will be offering 15% off on all the harnesses, collars and leashes available in the WALK section of our online shop.
All proceeds from sales go back to our programs that help shelter pets so we appreciate you shopping with us! In case you missed it, be sure to check out some of our past favorite dog walking blogs.
- 10 Truths to Walking Your Dog
- Six Tips for Safer, Happier Dog Walking
- Buddy Up to Keep it Up
- Sporn Harness Review
- Breaking Bad Habits: Leash Pulling
What is your favorite thing about walking with your dog? Tell us in the comments below.